Login to submit or manage your proposal(s)
Don't have an NAIS Account? Create one here.
You do not need to be an NAIS member to submit a proposal.
2019 NAIS Annual Conference Workshop Proposal
Submission Process Terms and Conditions
Please note the following:
Session Proposal Submission Process
- Completion of the submission form does not guarantee acceptance or that a session proposal will be presented at an NAIS educational event.
- It is expected that all proposal submissions have been well thought out and are ready for presentation by the individual(s) identified in the proposal.
The proposal submitter will serve as the primary contact for NAIS. It is expected that the proposal submitter is directly connected to the proposal by being one of the workshop participants who will present the material or works for/ represents an individual who is named as the session presenter. Proposal submitters must create an NAIS website account using their own contact information and should not create an account that utilizes partial contact information of another person. Each individual is limited to three (3) proposal submissions per category: one-hour workshops, three-hour workshops, and PechaKucha workshops.
Proposals will only be accepted for consideration if they are submitted through this submission website and finalized. Proposals submitted in different formats will not be accepted for consideration. Incomplete session proposal forms cannot be submitted for consideration for presentation.
Proposal rules for for-profit organizations, businesses, or consultants: It is highly encouraged that any submitters who are not affiliated with a school (member or non-member) pair with an NAIS member school for consideration. If selected, solicitation or promotion of services during your workshop presentation is strictly prohibited. Evaluations demonstrate that workshops with a school member as part of the presentation typically receive a much higher evaluation response and understanding of materials requested. You may request a special exception. Please share your reason why you feel it would be best to proceed without a school presenter in the notes box bat the end of the submission.
- Co-presenter(s) must agree to all terms and conditions for participation.
- You must provide co-presenter's name, title, organization, and valid email address.
- Submitter is responsible for communicating with co-presenter(s) regarding acceptance or rejection, deadlines, and all other submission details. If the submitter agrees to all terms and conditions, it is expected that they are agreeing on behalf of all co-presenters.
- We strongly recommend a maximum four (4) presenters per panel, including moderator. NAIS will only provide presenter benefits to up to four (4) presenters per workshop.
- Upon notification of your proposal being selected for presentation at a specific NAIS event, NAIS will provide the presenter(s) with the event details and the event terms and conditions. Presenter(s) must agree to all requirements as discussed and agreed to by NAIS to be eligible to present at the designated event.
- For all accepted submissions, NAIS reserves the right to edit title, description, and outcomes for promotional purposes and accordance with NAIS style guides.
- For all accepted submissions, NAIS may ask presenters to participate in additional online conference programming, audio, or video content.
- Following proposal acceptance, our team will contact all workshop participants with information regarding workshop scheduling and details.
- It is expected that all presenters will adhere to the policies, procedures, and deadlines established. This will help ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view and that your workshop needs are met.
- NAIS events are noncommercial forums. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact future consideration. Any questions regarding this policy or a specific presentation should be directed to Madelyn Swift, program manager, at email@example.com.